Colintraive is a small village on the eastern coast of the Cowal peninsula. It sits at the narrowest point in the Kyles of Bute – barely more than a couple of hundred yards at this point – and is the place from which the small Cal Mac car ferry departs to Rhubodach on the isle of Bute opposite. The village of Colintraive is a peaceful and unspoiled location on the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll and there is plenty to do nearby.
- The Colintraive Hotel is 100 metres away and serves first class local seafood and beers.
- The ferry to Bute is less then 100 metres from the hotel and the island offers great beaches, gardens and the magnificent Mount Stuart Country House.
- The Kyles are famous for great sailing and the hotel provides 4 fully serviced moorings and yachtsman facilities.
- Situated on a quiet road with delightful walks by the shoreline, it is also great for cyclists and walkers alike.
- Golf courses are close-by on the island of Bute and also at Kames which is 20 minutes away.
- Fishing permits are obtainable for local fishing in the nearby lochs.
- Country cycle routes for the more energetic. [Owner is also a keen cyclist.]
‘Phil is an International Sea Kayaking Guide Association Guide and British Canoeing Coach and Sea Leader. He regularly leads expeditions around the West Coast of Scotland and coaches from beginner introductory courses through to advanced guide training, including sea survival, Rescue Emergency Care 1st Aid and Incident Management.’